Tips for Leaders
Leader Tips For a Successful and Educational Project
* Plan a minimum of six meetings with a minimum of 10 hours of
instruction for your projects.
* Give members an opportunity to LEARN AND DO.
* Share project goals at the beginning of the project year.
* Encourage members to set personal goals in the project.
* Enable members to demonstrate something they have learned
in the project.
* Provide opportunities for members to present talks,
demonstrations (required), judge at events, tour, go on field trips.
* Provide exposure to the community through consumer and career education.
* Provide opportunities for leadership.
* Provide opportunities for citizenship and community service.
* Make or do something together as a group.
* Encourage members to work at home between meetings.
* Ensure that project records are kept up-to-date.
* Use the 4-H curriculum and give materials to members to keep in a folder.